The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
As part of you using our Website and during the course of us providing products and/or services to you, we may collect, use, store and transfer the following types of information about you:
- Identity information including your first name, last name and title.
- Contact information including your address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
- Financial information including bank details and credit/ debit card information.
- Technical information including your IP address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Profile information including your username and password.
- Communications information including your correspondence with us and any feedback that you provide us with.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- registering on the Website for an online account or otherwise, when you contact us to obtain information relating to us or our products and/or services;
- placing orders on the Website;
- updating the ‘Your Online Account’, ‘Your Address Book’ or ‘Your Order’ section of the Website;
- communicating with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, or when you complete a questionnaire or competition entry form; and
- subscribing to our e-newsletter.
We do not collect data from people under the age of 16 and we will delete such data if we are informed we hold it.
Information from other sources
We may also receive personal information about you from various third parties that we engage in order to assist us with providing products and/or services to you, including:
- delivery and address information from our carriers who deliver products to you;
- marketing information from marketing companies who send customer communications and direct marketing materials on our behalf;
- data analytics information from companies that provide us with data analytics services; and
- information on your account, payment and credit history, including information from credit bureaus and sources we use to process payments.
How we use your personal information
- to register you as a new customer;
- to respond to your enquiries and complaints, and to manage our relationship with you;
- to handle orders, deliver items and process payments;
- to communicate with you about updates, orders, products, services and promotional offers;
- to update our records and maintain any online account you may have with us;
- to administer and protect our business and this site, including to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our Website;
- for market research, reporting, analysis and modelling so as to improve the products and services we provide and to optimise our social media operations;
- to comply with our financial record keeping obligations;
- to use data analytics to improve our website, products, services and user experiences; and
- to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are as follows:
- to enable us to perform the contracts that we have with you to supply you with products and/or services;
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests in administering and managing our relationship with you, providing you with products and/or services, and running our business lawfully and effectively; or
- to enable us to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
How do we use your personal information for marketing purposes?
If you are an existing customer or you have consented to receiving marketing communications by [email, web or text] we may send you information on any offers, events or news about our products and/or services that we believe may be of interest to you. You can withdraw your consent at any time and we will then stop processing your information for that purpose. If you wish to withdraw your consent, then please contact us using the details at the end of this notice.
When do we share your personal information?
We only share your personal information with our other offices, our agents or third parties where necessary so that they can assist us in providing products and/or services to you.
Where we share your personal information with third parties who process your information on our behalf, they will only process your information on our instructions and we will remain responsible for ensuring that it is protected and processed lawfully.
Where we share your personal information with third parties who process it for their own purposes, those third parties will have their own legal obligations to protect your information and you will have legal rights that you can enforce directly against them.
In particular, we may share your personal information with third parties for the following purposes:
- we may need to share your personal information to other companies who we engage to perform functions on our behalf including; fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending customer communications, analysing data, processing payments and providing customer services. They will have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes
- where it is necessary to prevent fraud or reduce credit risk, we may share your personal information with other companies and organisations; and
- where requested or if we consider that it is reasonably required, we may share your personal information with government bodies, regulatory bodies or law enforcement organisations so that they can carry out their legal functions.
Types of cookies we use:
- Site functionality cookies: These cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website, such as remembering which items you have in your basket, and reminding you about recently viewed products.
- Customer preference cookies: These cookies are designed to make your browsing easier allowing the website to remember your preferences, such as your chosen currency.
- Site analytics cookies: These cookies allow us to see how users interact with the site so we can continue to improve its features and functionality for a better shopping experience.
- Advertising cookies and pixels: We use these cookies to remember your product preferences so we can provide our advertisers with content that is relevant to your interests.
You can accept or decline ‘cookies’ by modifying the setting in your browser. Please note that if you disable ‘cookies’ you may not be able to use all the features of our Website.
How do we keep your information secure?
We employ security measures to prevent unauthorized access to information that we collect online and through Point Of Sale. We use a secure online order form for all purchases made via the Website. All data transmitted via this form (including credit card details) is 128bit encrypted so it is transmitted securely. To verify this, when placing an order using the Website a padlock will appear in your browser. It is normally in the status bar, towards the right hand side, in the address bar of your browser window. You can double click this padlock to verify that the secure certificate has been issued to the Website.
Our security is certified by the certificate provider Unlimited Webhosting.
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption., and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep this data safe. We only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
- We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by encrypting it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us on the details set out at the end of this notice, if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at [email protected].
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Our contact details
Name: The Argentine Trading Company Ltd
Address: 101 Bartholomew Road, London, NW5 2AR, United Kingdom
Company Number: 03939970
Phone Number: +44 7976 729094
E-mail: [email protected]
This privacy notice was completed on 1 April 2021.